(The below is written from a company the I currently run) Currently there are no ways that schools can know what a student is doing on their personal devices. Either they outright ban the use of personal devices like phones or computer, or they allow the students to run rampant, and the students get nothing done in class because they get distracted. I feel that there is a need for a product that allows to teacher to digitally view what the students are doing on their personal devices comparative to a teacher looking over a students shoulder in class. The customer for this product would be teachers, administrators and district boards who want to see a solution to this problem I talked with my mentor Quang Tran, and he feels that there is a definite way to capitalize on the need for a software as a service company (SAS) that could solve this problem. Many teachers that I had talked to prior, have experienced this problem and want to incorporate student's phones into class,...
Collin,
ReplyDeleteIt is really cool that you have been working on your product for two years! That demonstrates great commitment to your product and business model. While Academia is on the cutting edge of some developments in technology, I would agree that this often doesn't apply to the allocation of resources. I have definitely witnessed situations that I believe could be improved, like the scenario you present.